
April 21-May 1 is National Infertility Awareness Week. As you play with your kids this today, or tuck them into bed tonight, please take a minute to empathize with the millions of couples out there struggling to achieve what you have. If you or someone you love is affected by infertility, please post this onto your blog this week to show your support.
I found this post on my girlfriend, Melissa Bird, Facebook status page. I hadn't realized that someone had set aside a week to recognize those of us who truly struggle with infertility on a daily basis. Thank you Melissa for thinking of us, especially me. You keep me strong and at times remind why I would want kids in the first place after seeing yours run around. He he he...just kidding. Love your kids!
Coincidentally, May 1 would be our 5 year anniversary of trying to get pregnant. Brent and I will be married for 7 years on May 31st. We will officially be out of the "newly wed phase". Thank goodness. We feel like we've been married forever now. 7 years is a long time and we look forward to many more. We know couples that were married the same time we were and they now have 3-4 kids now and we don't have any. As we struggle with infertility, we feel the prompting of the Holy Ghost telling us that right now is simply not our time. We will be blessed with children when our Heavenly Father feels we are ready. However, I am starting the countdown to my 30th birthday as a time to look forward to adopting. Whether our children come out of my belly or not, they will still be our children and our Heavenly Father's children and I look forward to the day that I can save a child and give it a home that it so desires.
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!


I REALLY admire you and the strength you have in regards to your infertility problem. I saw it on Jeannie's FB post, and I KNEW I needed to support those needing the support. You are going to be a WONDERFUL mother, and you are SOOOO right... it does not matter whether those kids come out of your belly or not, they are going to be yours!
ReplyDeleteThank you for helping me be more appreciative of my kids. When they are being TOO MUCH FOR ME I really do think about HOW blessed I am to even be able to have kids. LOVE YA! ~
We love you forever!!!
ReplyDelete