Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter Sunday

So, I decided to host Easter dinner this year since my in-laws went out of town to visit their grandkids. I kind of felt obligated to host as a matter of fact. I've done it before, but at that time the weather was more permissible and I had Brent's help. Brent had to work all day on Easter and so I had to prepare and cook dinner all by myself. I knew I could do it, but I wanted to have the type of direction from Brent as to how to time all the food.

My family (Dad, stepmother Wanda, mom, stepfather Jason, my sister Linda and brother Adam and his girlfriend Amy) came over to watch the second session of General Conference as I prepared Easter dinner.

Here's the tables I decorated. Since there is absolutely no room in the kitchen and weather was horrible outside I decided to just have people eat in the living room which was just barely enough room.


Here's the food that I made myself (except for the Caesar salad which my brother made and the dinner rolls from Cosco). There's a honey-glazed ham from Costco which was nice and juicy and not overcooked, greenbean caserrole, red skinned mashed potatoes, etc.

This is my pride out of all that I made. This is a homemade (from scratch) double chocolate pudding pie. The cinnamon graham cracker crust is homemade and the whipped cream topping is homemade as well.
I got this recipe off the Food Network website after I watched it done on TV. Some people say its too rich, but I think its absolutely perfect. This is a hard pie to make. You have to make sure you have the right consistency or else will be ruined. The night before I attempted this recipe and completely failed. I spent 2 hours in the kitchen and as I was pouring the mixture into the homemade graham cracker crust it completely became watery. I was too tired to get upset that I just left the mess in the kitchen and tried it again in the morning
I obviously got too excited to take a picture that I had already taken a slice to eat.




1 comment:

  1. YUMMMMMM! I love that you are SO "martha" right now! The pie looks great, and the food does too! And I LOVE the decorations for the table! SOOOOO cute! ~

    ReplyDelete