Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Big Fresno Fair

Picture below: Grapes



Picture below: Peaches/Nectarines


Picture below: Garlic



Brent and I went to the Big Fresno Fair a couple of weeks ago and saw the Beach Boys play in concert. All original band members weren't there, obviously, but the only one I really recognized was Mike Love. Brent was really excited to go to this concert. He told me that he's always wanted to see them ever since he was a kid and that seeing them would be one of his life long dreams. We had a good time.
We did the usual at the fair. We ate, but not as much as have in the past due to budget constraints, but we still enjoyed a corndog, lemonade, burrito and infamous cinnamon rolls. MMMM. So, want one right now.
I love going to the fair because it helps me remember why I love living in the Central Valley so much. With all the available fruits and vegetables around, I think we're pretty lucky to have such fertile land.

4 comments:

  1. How fun! I miss the Fresno Fair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brent could sing the Beach boy songs by heart when he was a little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I didn't go to the Fresno Fair very often, but I have good memories of the good ol madera fair :o) I saw some good concerts and went almost every single year....until I got married :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those grapes look so delicious!!! I am also very grateful for all the beautiful, fresh and tasty produce we get to enjoy here!

    ReplyDelete